I have started to build the ama hulls with polyurethane 10mm sheets. It was easy work with but felt very fragile. In class we got a really good diagram what core material is good and what’s not. You can clearly see that I have used wrong core. To not spend more time and money to… Read More The Polyurethane fail
First lesson was a great one. Hull geometry, design check list, Stability Index. Everything becomes clear what went terrible wrong during the evolution of Chryz10. For my next projekt I will try to use design-spiral, and have a clear vision, and start early with some calculation and measurement.
I have signed up for The International School of Yacht Design, and it starts in about one week. Hopefully I will learn how design faster boats and less epic fails and catastrofic capsizings 😉 Really looking forward to this in Chalmers Gothenburg.